This is a friendly reminder that registration for the ACRL-OR/WA Joint Fall Conference at Menucha is currently open and closes this Monday, October 1st!
The theme of this year’s conference is Reimagining Advocacy: Personal, Professional, and Political. The conference will focus on the full spectrum of advocacy work and how each of us can be better advocates when we work to influence decisions at any level. Attendees will leave the Conference with an elevator pitch and concrete plan to advocate for an issue important to them.
In addition, you’ll hear from keynote speakers:
- Loida Garcia-Febo, President of Information New Wave and current ALA President
- Irene M. H. Herold, librarian of the college at the College of Wooster in Ohio and 2016-17 ACRL President
and lightening talk presenters discussing issues including:
- collection development as a form of advocacy
- advocating for libraries through pedagogy
- working with student affairs
For more information about the conference or to get registered, visit our conference website: http://bit.ly/acrlpnw18
See you at Menucha!