Top Ten Reason to Join ACRL-OR
- Advance your career. Run for the board or volunteer to help with events, membership looks great on your vita and may positively affect hiring, performance reviews, and promotions.
- Join a community. Membership puts you in touch with academic library colleagues around Oregon (and Washington)!
- Get involved. Enrich your membership by presenting at our fall conference or, better yet, run for a board position!
- Be heard. Think globally, act locally: ACRL-OR is your link to the national organization.
- Get the news. Get advanced notice of e-learning workshops, conference programming, and conference and event registrations.
- Participate in events. ACRL-OR co-hosts a dynamite conference every fall in addition to sponsoring high-impact events at the OLA annual conference and virtual learning opportunities throughout the year.
- Save money. Members are eligible for registration discounts on the fall conference and are invited to attend other sponsored learning opportunities at low or no cost.
- Stay informed. Through the ACRL-OR blog and sponsored events, you will always be in touch with the issues most important to your colleagues.
- Apply for scholarships. Members are encouraged to apply for a variety of scholarships to promote collaborative work, professional development, and fall conference registration.
- Advocate for academic libraries! We’ve got your back. ACRL-OR advocates for all types of libraries and librarians—community colleges, private colleges and universities, public universities, and even K–12 libraries. Strengthen the voice of academic libraries just by being a member!
Note: Joining ACRL-OR does NOT grant you membership to ACRL-National. To join the national organization, enroll here.
Questions? Get in touch with us!