ACRL-OR seeks to foster collaboration between academic librarians and school librarians. The role of school librarians is vitally important and is in many ways interrelated with the work of academic librarians and the students we all serve. Up to $1,000 is available per year for this scholarship. Applications will be reviewed at two points during the year–or until the money runs out.
How can the scholarship be used?
This funding opportunity covers any collaboration between at least one school librarian and at least one academic librarian that the applicant(s) can make a good case for. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Sponsorship to attend, exhibit, or present at a relevant conference (OASL, regional conferences, or others)
- Creation of programming, such as a conference, workshop, unconference, or pre-conference
- Work on a collaborative research project
- Something else we haven’t thought of!
For examples of past awards, see the following posts on the ACRL-Oregon blog:
- Paige Battle and Lori Wamsley, 2015
- Delia Wallis and Jacquelyn Ray, 2016
- Richenda Hawkins and Jean Gritter, 2018
Note: Professional Development Scholarships will not be awarded for ACRL-OR/WA Fall Conference attendance as this annual event has its own scholarships.
Who is eligible?
- All Oregon academic and school librarians
- Preference will be given to teams that include at least one ACRL-Oregon member in good standing
- Preference will also be given to applicants who have not previously received a School/Academic Librarian Collaboration Scholarship from ACRL-Oregon
Who is not eligible?
Academic and school librarians outside of Oregon (unless part of a team of collaborators that includes at least one Oregon librarian).
How will applications be evaluated?
Reviewers will look for applications that:
- Have at least one applicant who is a member of ACRL-Oregon
- Demonstrate meaningful collaboration between school and academic librarians
- Have the potential to favorably influence information literacy awareness/education in Oregon
- First round due November 16, 5:00pm
- Second round deadline TBA if there is still scholarship funding to be awarded
How to apply:
Follow the scholarship application link to access the application.