Call for Proposals: ILAGO’s IL Summit 2015
The 9th annual ILAGO Information Literacy Summit will be held May 16, 2015 at Columbia Gorge Community College’s Hood River Campus. The theme for this year’s IL Summit is Accelerated Learning, but we invite a variety of presentations related to information literacy.
Oregon is implementing accelerated learning programs across the state, which enable high school students to earn college credit for courses that they take in a K-12 setting through partnerships with credit-granting community colleges and 4-year institutions. Examples include the Eastern Promise collaboration between colleges and school districts in rural parts of the state; and the Challenge and Senior Inquiry programs at Portland State University that serve the metro area.
We are particularly interested in proposals for presentations that help us understand the implications of accelerated learning for librarians and for students acquiring information literacy skills, such as:
- Perspectives of school librarians serving high school students enrolled in college classes
- Impact of accelerated learning on public librarians
- Partnerships between college/university libraries and accelerated learning programs
- Insight on the new landscape of high school
- Best practices for providing equivalent library resources and services to K-12 students
- Success stories of students in accelerated programs and beyond
- Other information literacy topics are welcome as well!
The IL Summit typically has 60-80 attendees who come from many areas of practice (higher ed, public, K-12) and are eager to hear new ideas and ways to approach information literacy. We invite you to submit proposals for panels, presentations, discussions on best practices, and other programs.
Programs should be designed to run for a total of 45 minutes including Q&A.
Program proposals will be accepted until Friday, March 13, 2015.
Please submit your proposals here: ILAGO IL Summit Program Proposal
We look forward to hearing from you.
Coordinator, Statewide Open Education Library Services
PCC Southeast Library Room 206
2305 SE 82nd Ave
Portland, OR 97216