Each month we’ll send out an email to the membership and post that month’s vision statement on the ACRL Oregon blog — we hope you will share your thoughts on how to bring the vision to fruition over the next 10 years.
All feedback is welcome – brainstorming new roles/services, critical analyses of the vision, services ACRL Oregon should be providing, etc! At the end of the four months we’ll forward all comments to the OLA Vision 2020 Committee so our communities’ voices are heard.
- Build, develop and provide access to collections.
- Create and share opportunities for professional development and training.
- Extend library services to all Oregonians, at home and around the state.
- Negotiate with vendors and publishers.
- Develop and share best practices, standards, technologies, templates and tools.
- Advocate for broader access, useful legislation and a robust information infrastructure.