Thanks to a one-time matching-fund grant from the State Library of Oregon, ACRL-Oregon is able to offer up to $500 for each award for the 2017-2018 fiscal year. Applications are accepted at three points throughout the year (see below for specific deadlines); we are currently soliciting applications for the February 28 deadline. Applications will be reviewed within two weeks after the application deadline.
How can the scholarship be used?
The ACRL-Oregon Professional Development Scholarship may be used toward conferences, workshops, courses, seminars, or other learning opportunities (including e-learning opportunities) appropriate to the applicant. The funding priority is registration and transportation costs incurred by the applicant.
For examples of how past recipients have used their awards, see these posts on the ACRL-Oregon blog:
- Kim Olson-Charles, Personal Librarian and First-Year Experience conference
- Maureen Flanagan Battistella, American Association for State and Local History conference, presentation on digital collections of local history
- Kate Rubick, ACRL national conference, panel presentation on library-faculty teaching collaboration using BEAM
- Darci Adolf, e-course on copyright
Professional Development Scholarships will not be awarded for ACRL-OR/WA Fall Conference attendance as this annual event has its own scholarships.
Who is eligible?
- All ACRL-Oregon members in good standing.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously received a Professional Development Scholarship from ACRL-Oregon.
Who is not eligible?
Non ACRL-Oregon members.
How will applications be evaluated?
Please visit our FAQ page, which contains our evaluation rubrics and answers to frequently asked questions.
How do I apply?
Applications will be accepted at three points throughout the 2017-2018 year:
- February 28
- April 30
- November 30 (done)
For more information, contact the ACRL-OR Board President:
ACRL-OR President, 2017-2018
Northwest Christian University