ACRL-Oregon is delighted to announce a new round of Professional Development Scholarship awards. Thanks to a matching-fund grant from the State Library of Oregon, ACRL-Oregon is able to offer up to $675 for each award for the 2019-2020 fiscal year. Applications are accepted at three points throughout the year (see below for specific deadlines); we are currently soliciting applications for the March 27th deadline. Applications will be reviewed within two weeks after the application deadline.
How can the scholarship be used?
The ACRL-Oregon Professional Development Scholarship may be used toward conferences, workshops, courses, seminars, or other learning opportunities (including e-learning opportunities) appropriate to the applicant. The funding priority is registration and transportation costs incurred by the applicant.
For examples of how past recipients have used their awards, see these posts on the ACRL-Oregon blog:
- Serenity Ibsen, Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA) annual conference as a director representing the Association of Independent Colleges of Art
- Kim Olson-Charles, Personal Librarian and First-Year Experience conference
- Maureen Flanagan Battistella, American Association for State and Local History conference, presentation on digital collections of local history
- Kate Rubick, ACRL national conference, panel presentation on library-faculty teaching collaboration using BEAM
- Darci Adolf, e-course on copyright
Professional Development Scholarships will not be awarded for ACRL-OR/WA Fall Conference attendance as this annual event has its own scholarships.
Who is eligible?
- All ACRL-Oregon members in good standing.
- In awarding scholarships, preference will be given to:
- Applicants from diverse cultural/ethnic backgrounds and/or historically marginalized groups
- Applicants employed at institutions or in positions serving under-represented groups
- Applicants who have not previously been awarded an ACRL-OR scholarship
- Applicants employed at community or technical colleges or applicants employed at smaller or rural institutions with limited funding
Who is not eligible?
- Non ACRL-Oregon members.
- Individuals who have already been awarded an ACRL-OR scholarship in the current fiscal year
How will applications be evaluated?
Please visit our FAQ page, which contains our evaluation rubrics and answers to frequently asked questions.
How do I apply?
Applications will be accepted at three points throughout the 2019-2020 year:
- November 29, 2019
- March 27, 2020
- July 31, 2020
For more information, contact the ACRL-OR Board President:
ACRL-OR President, 2019-2020