Applications for ACRL-OR’s professional development scholarship will be accepted through July 31. Don’t delay; get your application in now!
ACRL-OR is pleased to offer a scholarship up to $250 to cover expenses related to an eligible professional development activity. Applications will be reviewed within two weeks after the application deadline.
How can the scholarship be used?
The ACRL-Oregon Professional Development Scholarship may be used toward conferences, workshops, courses, seminars, or other learning opportunities (including e-learning opportunities) appropriate to the applicant. The funding priority is registration and transportation costs incurred by the applicant.
For examples of how past recipients have used their awards, see these posts on the ACRL-Oregon blog:
- Serenity Ibsen, Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA) annual conference as a director representing the Association of Independent Colleges of Art
- Kim Olson-Charles, Personal Librarian and First-Year Experience conference
- Maureen Flanagan Battistella, American Association for State and Local History conference, presentation on digital collections of local history
- Kate Rubick, ACRL national conference, panel presentation on library-faculty teaching collaboration using BEAM
- Darci Adolf, e-course on copyright
Professional Development Scholarships will not be awarded for ACRL-OR/WA Fall Conference attendance as this annual event has its own scholarships.
Who is eligible?
- All ACRL-Oregon members in good standing.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously received a Professional Development Scholarship from ACRL-Oregon.
Who is not eligible?
Non ACRL-Oregon members.
How will applications be evaluated?
Please visit our FAQ page, which contains our evaluation rubrics and answers to frequently asked questions.
How do I apply?
For more information, contact the ACRL-OR Board President: