Apply Today: ACRL-Oregon School/Academic Librarian Collaboration Scholarship
How can the scholarship be used?
This funding opportunity covers any collaboration between at least one school librarian and at least one academic librarian that the applicant(s) can make a good case for. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Sponsorship to attend, exhibit, or present at a relevant conference (OASL, regional conferences, or others)
- Creation of programming, such as a conference, workshop, unconference, or pre-conference
- Work on a collaborative research project
- Something else we haven’t thought of!
Examples of past awards include:
- Paige Battle and Lori Wamsley, 2015
- Delia Wallis and Jacquelyn Ray, 2016 (also published in OLA Quarterly here)
Who is eligible?
- All Oregon academic and certified teacher librarians who are employed in a school library
- Preference will be given to teams that include at least one ACRL-Oregon member and one OASL member in good standing
- Preference will also be given to applicants who have not previously received a School/Academic Librarian Collaboration Scholarship from ACRL-Oregon
Who is not eligible?
Academic and school librarians outside of Oregon (unless part of a team of collaborators that includes at least one Oregon librarian).
How will applications be evaluated?
Reviewers will look for applications that:
- Have at least one applicant who is a member of ACRL-Oregon and one who is a member of OASL
- Demonstrate meaningful collaboration between school and academic librarians
- Have the potential to favorably influence information literacy awareness/education in Oregon
Applications are due by Sunday, April 1, 2018. Apply online here.
For more information, please contact:
ACRL-Oregon President, 2017-2018
Northwest Christian University