How can the scholarship be used?
This funding opportunity covers any collaboration between at least one school librarian and at least one academic librarian that the applicant(s) can make a good case for. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Sponsorship to attend, exhibit, or present at a relevant conference (OASL, regional conferences, or others)
- Creation of programming, such as a conference, workshop, unconference, or pre-conference
- Work on a collaborative research project
- Something else we haven’t thought of!
Examples of past awards include:
- Paige Battle and Lori Wamsley, 2015
- Delia Wallis and Jacquelyn Ray, 2016 (also published in OLA Quarterly here)
Who is eligible?
- All Oregon academic and certified teacher librarians who are employed in a school library
- Preference will be given to teams that include at least one ACRL-Oregon member and one OASL member in good standing
- Preference will also be given to applicants who have not previously received a School/Academic Librarian Collaboration Scholarship from ACRL-Oregon
Who is not eligible?
Academic and school librarians outside of Oregon (unless part of a team of collaborators that includes at least one Oregon librarian).
How will applications be evaluated?
Reviewers will look for applications that:
- Have at least one applicant who is a member of ACRL-Oregon and one who is a member of OASL
- Demonstrate meaningful collaboration between school and academic librarians
- Have the potential to favorably influence information literacy awareness/education in Oregon
Applications are due by Sunday, April 1, 2018. Apply online here.
For more information, please contact:
ACRL-Oregon President, 2017-2018
Northwest Christian University