Applications are currently open for ACRL-OR’s K-12/Academic librarian collaboration scholarship. Up to $1000 is available to support a joint project involving an academic and a school librarian. The application deadline is Oct. 18, 2019.
Who is eligible?
- All Oregon academic and school librarians
- Preference will be given to teams that include at least one ACRL-Oregon member in good standing
- Preference will also be given to applicants who have not previously received a School/Academic Librarian Collaboration Scholarship from ACRL-Oregon
Who is not eligible?
Academic and school librarians outside of Oregon (unless part of a team of collaborators that includes at least one Oregon librarian).
How can the scholarship be used?
This funding opportunity covers any collaboration between at least one school librarian and at least one academic librarian that the applicant(s) can make a good case for. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Sponsorship to attend, exhibit, or present at a relevant conference (OASL, regional conferences, or others)
- Creation of programming, such as a conference, workshop, unconference, or pre-conference
- Work on a collaborative research project
- Something else we haven’t thought of
How will applications be evaluated?
Reviewers will look for applications that:
- Have at least one applicant who is a member of ACRL-Oregon.
- Demonstrate meaningful collaboration between school and academic librarians.
- Have the potential to favorably influence information literacy awareness/education in Oregon.
- First round due October 18, 2019, 5:00pm.
- Second round deadline TBA if there is still scholarship funding to be awarded.
Apply today! Follow the scholarship application link to access the application.
Contact Meredith Farkas, ACRL-OR Scholarship Committee Chair, with any questions (contact info below).
ACRL-Oregon President, 2018-2019
Portland Community College