Please take a moment to nominate your esteemed colleague(s) or yourself for the 2012 ACRL Oregon Award for Excellence! The Board very much wants to honor the wonderful projects advancing our academic libraries and the people making them happen. Following is some brief information on the award, but feel free to email President Anne-Marie Deitering (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
What does the award acknowledge?
The ACRL-Oregon Award for Excellence shall be given to recognize an individual or group who achieve excellence in the field by significantly improving Oregon academic libraries or librarianship.
Who is eligible?
- Any individual or group that includes at least one employee of an academic library in Oregon
- Initiative or project that is the basis of the nomination must have occurred in the previous three years
- ACRL-Oregon membership is NOT required
What does the award cover?
- An engraved plaque
- Recognition at the ACRL-Oregon/Washington Fall Conference
- One stipend of up to $150 to defray the cost of the recipient’s registration to attend the ACRL-Oregon/Washington Fall Conference
- 2011: Oregon Digital Newspapers Project | UO Libraries
- 2010: John Helmer | Orbis-Cascade Alliance
- 2009: Janet Webster and Michael Boock | OSU Libraries
Nomination Deadline: Wednesday August 1, 2012