ACRL-Oregon sponsors a pre-conference, programs, and a social event at every OLA Annual Conference. We are pleased to present a slate of programs and events of interest to academic librarians statewide.
For current information and blog posts about programs, meetings, and events sponsored by ACRL-Oregon at the OLA Annual Conference, click the “OLA Annual” category.
Below is archived information about ACRL-Oregon programs at the OLA 2009 Annual Conference:
PRECONFERENCE: Wednesday, April 1: 9:00am-5:00pm
Introduction to Music Cataloging (Co-sponsored by Technical Services Round Table and ACRL-Oregon)
Cathy Gerhart and Rebecca Belford will cover basic cataloging of musical scores and sound recordings, including musical terminology, MARC tagging, and the cataloging rules unique to music materials. Examples will be in LC classification. The format includes overviews, opportunities to ask questions, and time to practice the day’s new knowledge on examples.
Registration Fee: $85
SPONSORED PROGRAMS: Thursday, April 2 – Friday, April 3
Times and Locations: TBA
- Creating a Northwest Library Research Network
- New Developments in Consortial Borrowing: Aren’t We One Big Library with Branches?
- New Student Library Orientation: Comparing Programs Within Oregon, Washington, and Beyond
- Training on Purpose: Building Staff Development Programs that Work
- YouTube Meets OSU Libraries
- Librarians Can Help Me With That? Getting the Word Out About Your Reference and Instruction Services
- The Assessment Story: Measuring the Impact of Programming and Services
- Our Story: Implementing Information Literacy at Corban College
- WorldCat.Org: Where Libraries and Users Connect
- Dspace for Digital Repositories: One Platform, Two Stories
- Evidence Based Research: What It Is and How to Find It
SOCIAL EVENT: Wednesday, April 1: 5:00-7:00pm
Come refresh yourself after a long day pre-conferencing or kick off your OLA conference at the ACRL-Oregon reception at Bentley’s!
Bentley’s Grill & Lounge is located just off the lobby of the Phoenix Grand Hotel (you can enter Bentley’s directly from the Salem Conference Center).
Happy hour food provided, with a no-host bar.