We’ll focus on each of OLA Vision 2020′s four statements in hopes of generating a discussion on what the visions mean for academic librarians. All feedback is welcome – brainstorming new roles/services, critical analyses of the vision, services ACRL Oregon should be providing, etc! We’ll forward all comments to the OLA Vision 2020 Committee so our communities’ voices are heard.
In 2020, library staff and library advocates will know they are part of nimble, supportive and creative organizations. Our libraries will be staffed and supported by:
• Leaders who demonstrate a commitment to experimentation and innovation.
• Individuals who are open to new ways of doing things.
• Lifelong learners who can build on successes and failures alike.
• Leaders who devote resources to staff development and training.
• People who are educated and empowered to effectively advocate for their organizations, their communities and the information profession.
We hope you will share your thoughts on how to bring the vision to fruition over the next 10 years!