ACRL-OR at OLA 2012 Annual Conference
Getting to the Heart of Online Instruction and Training Pre-Conference | 1-5 pm Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Presenter: Meredith Farkas
About: Registration is $40 online via the OLA website. This half-day workshop will help participants learn how to analyze your population(s) to determine the best mode(s) of instructional delivery; determine the pros and cons of technologies for instruction and training; and develop a sustainable strategy for the creation, maintenance, and integration of online learning materials.
Sponsored Programs | April 26-27, 2012
- “Show me the money! Grant writing perspectives for Librarians,” Karen Estlund & John Russell
- “Can we really do it all? The challenges we face as librarians who teach,” Anne-Marie Deitering & Kate Gronemyer
- “From data chaos to data curation: New roles for academic librarians,” Carla Pealer, Thomas Johnson, Brian Westra
- “Libraries and the semantic web,” Carlo Torniai
- “Oh, the choices we’ll make! Reading in the digital world,” Uta Hussong & Jane Nichols
- “Libraries and Humanism: A book discussion,” Kimberly Willson-St. Clair & Emily Ford
Social Event | Wednesday, April 25
Come refresh yourself after a long day pre-conferencing or kick off your OLA conference at the ACRL-Oregon reception!