Orbis Cascade Alliance Research Interest Group Meeting
Friday, August 5
10 a.m.-12 noon
University of Portland – Library Conference Room
Please join us for our bi-annual in-person meeting to discuss issues of interest regarding library research.
If you cannot join us in person, but would like to phone in, let Laura know (we do not yet have the phone number).
- Short-term vs. long-term research (“how to show that you’re doing stuff while on the way to working on more long-term projects that take more time.”) or “Market research vs. IRB – how to satisfy both”
- Research ideas
- What people are working on now
- Ideas re: Alliance projects
- New resources on qualitative research methods
- Upcoming conferences, workshops or online classes that may be of interest.
- Concept of utilizing A-RIG as a research support group with monthly or bi-weekly check-ins on research progress (e.g. social support network).
University of Portland Library – conference room on the lower floor. The library’s main entrance has split level stairs, go downstairs and through a glass door. The conference room is the first door to your far left.
Maps and Directions to campus: http://www.up.edu/about/default.aspx?cid=8307&pid=3177
Parking: Free in summer and there should be plenty of space in main parking lot adjacent to the library.
Laura Zeigen, MA, MLIS
Assistant Professor | User Experience Librarian
Oregon Health & Science University | Portland, Oregon
firstname.lastname@example.org | 503-494-0505 | BICC 343